Gradual water seepage over time can be a homeowner’s worst enemy. As a homeowner, waterproofing is your best defense against eventual structural damage. Waterproofing is one of the most cost-effective home improvements a homeowner can invest in. Don’t endure an expensive catastrophe down the road because you didn’t waterproof.
Benefits of Waterproofing:
- Health: Mold, mildew, and a perfect living environment for insects & other unwanted pests. Your home heating system may be spreading this all throughout your home! Protect your family & pets from these dangers.
- Livable Space: Who couldn’t use some extra space?! Making your basement space livable will double your living space in most homes. Beats the cost of an addition to your home!
- Home Investment: On average, a home improvement such as proper waterproofing can boost your home’s value by 10-20%!
- Dig exterior foundation to the bottom of footing
- Scrape walls with wire brush
- Inspect walls
- Fill cracks with water plug hydraulic cement
- Install Karnak tar to entire foundation
- Install ice & water shield
- Install 1/2″ polystyrene insulation
- Backfill & tamp earth every 6″ pitched from home